Sunday, July 18, 2010

W.A.A.G. Your Tail

Although all of you may not realize it, deep down inside you have a burning desire to find out what I have been up to this week that has kept me so busy.  Don't deny it, you know it's true.  Well, I will try my best not to let you down. 

Img_9405

The week mainly consisted of two things (with a couple minor changes): work and sleep.  As you may know I have worked 4pm-12am in the past week and a half or so, this results in an interesting sleep pattern.  See, I'm not tired after midnight when my shift is over so I end up finally falling asleep by four.  I don't have anything planned the next day before I start work at four PM so I don't set my alarm and wake up anywhere between one and three-thirty.  I somehow have a mental alarm that gets me up, but I don't know how I sleep that long, I just do.  So it's a vicious cycle of work and sleep. I hate that schedule, I would take any other schedule over that one.  The other schedules are midnight to 8am and 8am to 4pm.  I don't mind working some evenings, but when I do work the 4-12 shift it feels like I don't have as much time even though it's the same amount of hours.  I guess it's just how my body works.  I'm trying to train myself to wake up earlier, but now it's about breaking that habit. 

There have been some pretty fun events that have gone on this week, even though I have been busy.  Of course, earlier this week I saw a moose bathing in our sprinklers in front of the clinic.  I have taken quite a few pictures of the staff's pets in the clinic and some of patients in surgery and just around the clinic.  Here's just a small collection of what I took.

Img_9411Img_9542Img_9665Img_9668Img_9683Img_9688Img_9770

And yes, the Boston Terrier only has one eye. These are some of the patients that we've had in this week and I will forewarn you some pictures may be "less than appetizing".

Baby_birdwith_textDog_quillswith_textImg_9522Img_9808Cat_degloved_chinwith_textRavenwith_textRaven_xraywith_text

My day off this week was Thursday so I hung out with Travis Dennison and went biking around Anchorage on the coastal trail.  We rode to an airfield where floatplanes were landing and taking off on a private, airplane-only lake.  It was pretty neat!  We took a break, ate at "The Sub" and then took a roundabout way back to his truck.

Img_9724Img_9705Img_9706Img_9715Img_9704Img_9755Img_9751
On the way back to his place we bought some discs for Frisbee golf and then later on, you guessed it, we played Frisbee Golf with Brandon Church (well maybe you didn't guess the 'Brandon Church' part).  It was a fun-filled day and definitely a nice change to my "cabin fever schedule".  Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, but I needed a break. 

This upcoming week I get two days off so I'm planning on not coming back for at least one night.  I'm not sure where I'm staying, but I'll sleep in a tent somewhere if I have to.  I need to get away and get up in some mountains!  Also, just as an FYI, I am only borrowing the camera taking these awesome photos and will need to send it back within this next week, so hopefully I can take as many pictures as I can before I send it away to it's home.  I might buy a cheap disposable camera and scan them in... you know, what we used to do in the 90's.

...And if you're trying to figure out what the title has to do with my post, absolutely nothing! "W.A.A.G." stands for "Week At A Glance", but other than that, there is no relativity. The "Your Tail" part came to me later on, don't ask how I thought that one up.  Hope all is well with you guys and have an awesome, exciting, fabulous, phenomenal week!

No comments:

Post a Comment