Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hey! I'm Bathing Here!

At about 4:22pm on Monday (Yep, about, but not quite 4:22) I walked out and saw a cow moose taking a shower in our sprinklers in the front of our building.  Even Alaskans were taking pictures.  I knew people saw them in town crossing the road and such, but this was the closest I had been to one and I had yet to see one in town.  So much for enforcing public indecency - sure a moose can do it, but if I want to go out and shower in a sprinkler I'll get turned in to the authorities.  What kind of world do we live in now?!  As you can see the moose wasn't even threatened by these "tiny" cars driving by.  She was probably enjoying watching them... as they slam into signs, poles and each other, as the lady in the 3rd photo could have easily done.

It was a pretty neat experience and I guess the moose had been there quite a bit all day, but it was new to me at 4:22 because I woke up at about 3:36 yesterday afternoon.  I'm adapting better to the time now, but it's just the crazy hours I've been working lately that really mess with me.  A three hour time difference is nothing, but when you work a 4pm-12 shift one night and a 12-8am shift the next, you get kinda confused which day your on.  I've had to check the date more in the past week than ever before.

While I was working on my shift last night I had to organize a bunch of past x-ray films.  Mainly just putting the new ones in their place in alphabetical order, but like I said I ended up organizing a bunch of past ones.  All I'm going to say is who ever thought of the saying "I before E except after C" was wrong.  They forgot to also add "and in the alphabet". Goodness, gracious people!  "I" isn't even close to the letter "E". Oh well, I'm done with that, but I thought it was funny.  Hope your day goes great and feel free to comment below.

Img_9519Img_9497Img_9516Img_9491Img_9510Img_9512Img_9518Img_9521

No comments:

Post a Comment