Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Splash of Fun With a Hint of Scenery

Last Thursday I was invited out by some of the local kids up here to
go out to a lake and go airboating and four wheeling. There were
quite a few that showed up and we road till about 12:30AM. It was
such an eventful night and I saw my first moose in the wild.

Img_9131

We did everything from skimming through the water in the Ross's airboat to
spinning cookies with four wheelers and trucks to jumping dirtbikes
over berms. Water separated the different areas of land, so the only
way to get to the other side was to tear through the water with your
truck or ATV! Note to self: don't hit water at full throttle, it
never ends good.

Img_8832Img_8900Img_8991Img_8924Img_8890

The awesome thing about Alaska is you have so much more light to do stuff during Summer, but the best thing is that the people always make the most of it!  I still find it hard to believe that I am up here especially when I see the scenery - it's breathtaking.

Img_9019Img_9099Img_9113Img_9140Img_9188Img_9184Img_9277

I met a bunch of kids Thursday night and plan on hanging out with them
more in the near future. People are so nice up here. They're willing
to help you out with anything and are so care free.  And as you can see the night really did end with a "Splash of Fun" ...for some of us anyways. :P

ThrowImg_9292Img_9296Img_9311Img_9310
Well, that's all for today! More stories and pictures to come for sure!

P.S. I have updated some of the other pages so feel free to check those out and remember to subscribe too! Just click "Subscribe to this posterous" or "Subscribe via RSS" underneath the section labeled "Get Updates" on the right side. Also, both last night and the night before I worked at the clinic 4 PM to Midnight; both nights had their exciting moments, but I'll save that
for another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment